APP CHILD SAFETY POLICY
Thank you for visiting MixaKids APP. MixaKids APP offers educational entertainment for your children through “Websites” and “Apps”, collectively “Platform”.
MixaKids APP understands that you have entrusted us to provide safe, entertaining and educational content for your child. We take this trust seriously and recognize the importance of privacy concerns especially in the digital environment.
ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13
1. You are free to choose whether or not to engage in any activity on our Platforms that involves your submission of personal information, such as your name, email address, or other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We will ask you for such information expressly. Most of the activities on our Platforms do not require you to submit any personal information.
2. When we ask you to submit personal information, we will explain in the sign-up or collection process how we will use the information (such as requesting an email address when you sign up for a newsletter). We will use the information only as we have stated, other than in Special Circumstances which are described below (such as in relation to law enforcement or a business transfer).
3. We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected from your device, such as a computer's Internet Protocol address, a mobile device identifier, operating system, or general location such as zip code, to support internal operations so that we can understand and monitor the usage of our Platforms and improve the performance of the Platforms.
4. There is no behavioral advertising on our Platforms which means that you will not see any advertising that is targeted to you based on your combined activity on our Platforms and your activity on other sites and apps.
6. Our collection of personal information on Platforms that are directed to children under 13 ("Children's Platforms") is intended to follow the principles of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), a U.S. law designed to protect the online privacy of children under the age of 13.
7. We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children's Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA.
8. We do not make personal information collected from children publicly available nor do we enable children to do so on our Platforms. We will not condition a child's participation in any activity or service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
9. Parents may contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to review, update or delete any of their children's personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
INFORMATION WE REQUEST ON OUR CHILDREN'S PLATFORMS
We will obtain parental consent before asking for personal information on our Children's Platforms, unless the request for information falls within an exception that would be permitted under COPPA. We will explain how we will use the information and use it only for that purpose. Here are examples of personal information that we request on our Children's Platforms:
• Username, age, gender content preferences.
Parents are requested to provide this information so that their child may have a unique account. The unique account allows the child to enjoy recommended content based upon these selections. The child’s activity may be recorded on the site to recommend content and other engagement activities.
• User Generated Content.
Children are given the opportunity to post comments, images and audio recordings. All such posts are moderated by a person before they are approved for release to other users of the Platform.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We use the anonymous information that is automatically collected to support the internal operations of the Platforms. Some of this information is collected through third-party analytics tools. Internal operations include the following:
• to monitor metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
• to understand which activities and services are most popular;
• to understand the pages where visitors enter our Sites and the pages viewed;
• to reduce the repetition in the promotional messages that users see on our Platforms;
• to understand generally the location of our users (e.g., zip code information);
• to recognize the browsers used to visit our Sites, so that the content is adapted for the relevant browser; and
• to diagnose and fix technology problems
• to provide advertisements to other parents.
We do link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information such as such as username, email address for the purpose of improving recommended content.
Law Enforcement and Safety.
We may access, preserve and share your information when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: (i) respond to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) or otherwise to take action because we believe it is required or advisable under the law; (ii) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; or (iv) limit our legal liability or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, any user of our Platforms, a third party or the general public including as part of investigations.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent you have given us your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe or guarantee that information on a Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Our Platforms maintain technical and organizational steps to keep information collected secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers and use of electronic security systems and password protections to guard against unauthorized access.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Platforms may link to other websites or apps, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours ("Third Party Platforms"). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Platforms, including the information or content contained within them.
Involvement in your family's online lives is one of the most important safety tools available. In addition, we encourage you to educate yourself and your child on privacy concerns. We recommend, as a starting point, the following guide published by your respective government.
MIXAKIDS APP INFORMATION
The Platforms are operated by Mixa Publishing located at Lower Kololo Terrace, Plot 1 Coral Crescent, Kampala – Uganda.
Terms of Service
To become a member of www.mixakids.com, if you are a minor, you must have your account created and registered for you by your parent or legal guardian or have received permission from your parent or legal guardian to enter into this Agreement and register for and use our Website and Services (defined below) after you have reviewed this Agreement with him or her and discussed any questions that you may have.
Mixakids.com (“Website”) provides software and publishing services on and through the website that allow its members to write stories, publish and read e-books.
These Terms & Conditions (“Agreement”) set forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Services available on the website. By using this website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with Mixakids.com and set up an account (“Account”). The term “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of yourself and/or as the parent/guardian of a child.
Amendments: MixaKids.com may modify this Agreement from time to time. If so, we will post our updated Agreement on www.mixakids.com/tos and post notice of the change so it is visible when Users visit and/or log-on to the website for the first time after the change is posted. Your continued use of the Site and Services after the changes have been posted shall constitute your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the updated Agreement, you must cease your use of the Services.
1. Registration and User Accounts. You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration processes (the "Registration Data"). You shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You also agree to promptly notify Mixakids of any unauthorized use of your username, password or any other Account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to the Site. In addition, you agree to exit from your Account at the end of each session.
Subject to applicable law, we may suspend or terminate your Account and your ability to use the Site or Services, or any portion thereof, for your failure to comply with any term of this Agreement or any Additional Term, or for any other reason whatsoever in Mixakids’s sole discretion.
2. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a username and a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the Account, username, or password of another Member at any time. You agree to notify Mixakids immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your password or access to your Account. You are solely responsible for any and all actions taken using your password and/or Account.
3. Eligibility. By continuing with the registration process, you represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are not a minor; OR your Account was created or approved by your parent or guardian or, you received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to register for and use the Services under the terms and conditions of these Terms and your parent or legal guardian has joined you in executing this Agreement, and (d) your use of the Site and Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are a parent or legal guardian who is registering for a minor of any age, you hereby agree to bind your child to this Agreement and to fully indemnify and hold harmless Mixakids if your child breaches or disaffirms this Agreement.
4. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and Services. You may delete your Account and end your membership at any time, for any reason by following the instructions on the “My” (Account) page. MixaKids.com may terminate your membership at any time and for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the then-current e-mail address in your Account profile. You understand that termination of this Agreement and your Account may involve deletion of your Mixakids profile information from our live databases as well as any Content (defined below), including, without limitation, Your Story Content (defined below), that you uploaded to the Site using such Account. MixaKids.com will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your Account or related deletion of your profile information or Content, nor, once we have deleted or removed your user profile, will MixaKids.com be responsible for any Content that was not included within your deleted and/or removed user profile that remains on the Site.
More details being added ...